Tuesday, August 2, 2011

How does it taste?..Mini-Bomb Recap

The second annual Concrete Kings' Mini-Bomb was a huge success! I want to give a big thank you to all our sponsors..Bern Unlimited, Bustin, Rayne, Landyachtz, Arbor, Wank, Longboard Loft, Skanunu, Push Culture, Subsonic, Hogwash, Original, Sayshun, Loaded, Orangatang, SoBe and Open Road Skate Park! All these companies helped make this one of the best longboard events held in NYC!

So in typical Solomon fashion I was late for a race I was hosting. I had stated that the race would be starting promptly at Noon so I wasn't surprised to see everyone gone when I hurried off the delayed train..

Apologies to those I left behind but I had hopes of overtaking the pack....And I caught quite a few but the overall talent in NYC is just too great for me to be more than ten minutes late to a twenty minute race. And I actually enjoyed racing through the city solo...so eat a fat one to whoever started the race without conferring with Rob. That's right, I said it, now enjoy it or choke on it.
After Kiefer and Cami "Beast" won their fourth race of the season we headed to the Open Roads Skate Park at 12th Street and Avenue A where the PushCulture crew helped out by judging the best trick contest.
Thanks to Dr Pepper for sending us the pop and congrats to Rob Rodrigues from Sure Skateboards on winning best trick.
There was a high jump contest won by Steven Sanchez and two more sprint races both one by Kiefer. I think this event has been sucha success and will continue to grow because it allows for skaters to hang out after a race and still be able to skate. Something that the downhill scene is greatly familiar with but limited with our push races. If you weren't there you missed out on lots of friends and fun. Keep your ear to the ground for news on the next Concrete Kings event and start putting together your four man teams now.....

Stay Skatin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment