Friday, September 23, 2011

Broadway Bomb 2011!!!!!


Welcome to the melting pot...I've been sitting here contemplating what to write about this week. I had come up with what I thought would be the easy way out and post some photos of different skaters from all over. Turned out to be a pretty good project but I think it warrants a bit more effort than I planned. All good. So what do I write about...The Broadway Bomb 2011!! Sitting here watching this video myself I could barely contain my excitement! The anticipation of skating with that many stoked skaters has me on edge and checking the calendar three times a day. Last years numbers were estimated at 500+ but I'm pretty positive there were at LEAST 600 of us taking over the busiest and most famous street in NYC! Let's hope our esteemed colleague who organizes this race will have some plan to track this years numbers. This year I would hardly be surprised to see a thousand of us out there...Who gon' stop us?!?!

So the date for the race is October 8 which is about two weeks away.  The race starts at noon but I'll be there by at least 1100AM. One of the best attractions of this event is the community and the shared excitement. Get there early and enjoy it. I've already received messages from riders in countries all over saying how stoked they were to be participating in this years event! Also if for some reason we have to start early(cops)or some asshole(there is always at least one) yells go prematurely, you don't want to miss out on what will surely be one of the most fulfilling experiences of your life!


Bustin will be also be sponsoring the after-picnic that takes place along the East River..and I'll be co-hosting with Ian! We'll be getting a flyer out shortly with details but look to see more events to participate in like best trick, hippie jump and even a manual contest! And more free stuff. May I still say "winning"?

Stay Skatin'!

1 comment:

  1. I hope somebody rape your mother you mother fucker. If I find you somehow in the future I will fucking kill you and I will cut your dick and stick it in your mother mouth

    ReplyDelete