Sunday, June 19, 2011

Mingling with the stars!

Happy Father's Day. To my dad...thanks for everything. I didn't grow up with you around much but it was enough. You put me in the right situation that has led to me becoming the man I am today. Also much thanks to Magnum XL for ensuring that today is not my holiday.

Another week of me on my acting grind. My dopest gig this week was playing background for Men in Black 3. I didn't get cast as a skater but guess who'll you'll find skating behind Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones as they converse in Battery Park in the last scenes of the movie? Yezzir! I'm taking my venture into acting seriously so I was real cool on set even though I was close enough to reach out and punch the Fresh Prince at times. I wouldn't punch him...just putting it in perspective. The tourists hanging in the park didn't have any reason not to scream out for his attention and some were even rewarded for their efforts.
While we are on the subject of celebrities I want you to check this shot out...
That's Spike Lee and his family...with his son rockin' the Bustin Longboards Maestro. Jackson Lee has been one of the regular groms at our Bustin Brooklyn shop and more recently at our Longboard Loft location in Manhattan. I just found out he was Spike Lee's son when another friend of mine sent me a message from the airport saying he had run into Spike and his son who was carrying his longboard with him. Apparently I am a role model and they were stoked about the connection. That's NYC for you.
My last photo and my favorite of the week. That's Brooklyn and she is awesome! Thanks for the photo David. And no I am not the daddy! I prefer practicing how to get one rather than having to constantly change diapers.
Stay Skatin'

3 comments: